Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Expo '70 stamp display failure :(

April 10th, 2011, I have been visited Expo’70 Pavilion (Expo’70 Commemorative Hall) previous name was "Steel Building" at Banpaku-Kinen-Kōen (万博記念公園) - Osaka or translate into "Expo Commemoration Park", then I was surprised with, perhaps their "little mistake", but surely for me, it was a "huge mistake" as an Indonesian.
Along the stamp display to celebrate  Expo '70 for each attendance country (even I'm not sure whether they put proper Expo '70 celebration stamp or not) , anyhow they put an "India's stamp" labeled with "Indonesia".

Here the picture I took, then the zoom inserted:














I just regret with this mistake, because Expo '70 was one of a huge event at that time, how can they display a "wrong" thing for recent generation, such as me, which is I wasn't born yet at that time. Even till  today, in my imagination, Expo '70 was a huge event, I adore it as one of "human future, art and culture celebration", because human at that time with all their knowladge in that era could imagined/predicted how would be their future, art and culture in advance than their era.

No comments:

Post a Comment